- Bastian Schweinsteiger and Javi Martínez are both doubts and could miss the Super Cup tie with Chelsea, meaning Toni Kroos could provide the defensive shield in front of the back 4.
- Thiago Alcántara and Holger Badstuber are both certain to miss out.
- Pep Guardiola is expected to name a much changed starting XI from the 1-1 draw with Freiburg.
- David Luiz is Chelsea’s only injury doubt, with José Mourinho confirming that the Brazilian has travelled but may not play any part.
- Chelsea have no other injury problems.
- I don’t expect to see Mourinho to go with a false number 9 line-up again this week
- Pep Guardiola goes in hunt of his first trophy since succeeding Jupp Heynckes as Bayern Munich head coach and will resume old rivalries with José Mourinho in Prague.
- Guardiola has endured a mixed start to life in Germany, but will be looking to win over the doubters with victory over the west London side in a repeat of the 2012 Champions League final.
- Bayern are expected to name the same 4-1-4-1 formation they have persisted with since Guardiola arrived, with Toni Kroos in the holding role.
- José Mourinho is also aiming to secure an early piece of silverware upon his return to Stamford Bridge and will be demanding a performance from his players as he aims to get the better of his former advisory.
- David Luiz remains doubtful, while Marco van Ginkel could be handed a start at the expense of Frank Lampard as Chelsea aim to atone for the 4-1 defeat suffered at the hands of Atletico Madrid last year.
- A tough one to call, but a draw and the game heading to extra time is the likely outcome.
Score; Bayern Munich 1 Chelsea 1 (Chelsea to win penalty shootout)